Keys to the universe are no-fail items or activities that always, always either do what they are supposed to do or always, always make me happy.
1) Pepto Bismol. When you eat like a freak, the way I do, it’s a wonderful thing to have around.
2) Gel nails. They last two weeks and cost the same as a regular manicure.
3) Atkins Endulge chocolate caramel candy bar. Tastes just like a Snickers but is only 2 grams carb. See item #1, however, if you eat more than one!
4) Fage yogurt. It tastes like sour cream (mmmmmmm) but is no fat and only 3 grams carb. a serving. You get it at Trader Joe’s.
5) Putting on belly dance costumes.
6) Book contracts.
7) My push lawn mower. Works great, needs no stupid gas, and my boys can mow the lawn with it without injury, knock wood.
8) Working out with R. Always full of laffs and gozz about town politics.
9) The Middle East in Cambridge, of course.
10) Catmint and sedum. They grow anywhere and look pretty.
11) Kissing any one of the following faces: Nat, Max, Ben.
12) Helping a parent whose kid is newly diagnosed figure things out
13) Realizing my children have good senses of humor
14) Ned’s poetry (it is rare but it is incredible)