1) If you must jaywalk, do not read your phone and go really slowly at the same time.
2) If someone clearly lets you in ahead of them, wave or smile at them.
3) If you did something wrong while driving and someone honks at you, don’t honk back at them.
4) Do not listen to your music so loudly that I can feel the beat and hear the lyrics — even though you have on earbuds.
5) If I hold the door for you, thank me.
6) Let people out before you go in. Elevator, restaurant, store.
7) If you’re riding a bike, don’t antagonize drivers by riding two abreast or taking the entire lane when there is a bike lane to use
8) When passing a biker in your car, don’t pass them too closely.
9) It’s okay to give a homeless person money. It doesn’t matter what they may or may not do with it.
10) Don’t count up every item on your restaurant check. You’ll enjoy your meal better the quicker you take care of paying.
11) Don’t let your child play or run around right in the way of waiters.
12) Don’t have a loud conversation with a friend on a quiet subway car.
13) Give up your seat for an elderly person, a pregnant person, an overburdened person.